Creating Your Account
You will have the opportunity to create your very own secure account when you decide to place your order at Checkout. (You can also create it any time before then, simply by clicking on the my account link at the top of any Powells.com page.)
Before providing or viewing your account information, you'll be shown a security alert message. We've worked hard to make your account as secure and easy for you to use as possible; the secure server is our way of keeping your information private.
Whether you follow the Checkout prompts or create your account beforehand, we'll ask you to provide the following information:
- Billing address. Your billing address should be same as the one on your credit card. You may change your billing address at any time simply by accessing your account.
- Shipping address. Enter as many shipping addresses as you like by clicking the "Add a new address" button. We'll store your addresses in your Address Book so that you can use, modify, or delete them as you need.
- Preferred shipping method. Powell's provides a variety of domestic and international shipping options for your convenience.
- Preferred method of payment. Though bottles and cans are not among our accepted means of compensation, we do welcome American Express, Discover, JCB, Master Card, and Visa. We also accept PayPal.
- Gift wrap. If you like, we'll gift wrap any or all of the books in your order for just $2.50...total! Simply select "yes" and we'll take care of the rest.
- Gift certificate redemption. If your account already indicates a credit balance, we already have your certificate number. If you have yet another certificate number for us, just type it in. (Click here for instructions.) We'll credit your account with the corresponding amount.
Once you have completed your account information, click "continue" to confirm. That's it!
Your account will be kept on our secure server for your future use. You may update or change it at any time by clicking on the my account link at the top of any Powells.com page.