It is fairly safe to say that people sell more used books
to Powell's than to any other bookstore. We actively pursue quality
used, antiquarian and scholarly books.
a book buyer about selling your library gifted books, deaccessions,
or duplicates, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
questions we'll probably ask you
- How many books are you offering? (an estimate is fine)
- Do you have a list of titles offered?
- What subject areas are represented?
- Does your library have a loading dock/shipping area?
- Have you kept your packed boxes of books under 40lbs each?
we don't buy
With so many books in the world, and our own stock continually changing,
it is impossible to say exactly what we'll be interested in at any one
time. However, we can say exactly what kinds of books we are not interested
in. Those are:
- Long runs of journals
- Damaged books
- Old encyclopedia sets
- Many book club editions
- Original software users manuals
to library home page