- STAFF PICKS
- GIFTS + GIFT CARDS
- SELL BOOKS
- FIND A STORE
Kim HarrisonDescribe your latest project.
For those who don't know the series, The Outlaw Demon Wails is a weird story about a modern-day witch solving crimes in a slightly skewed Cincinnati where humans openly rub shoulders with vampires, witches, werewolves, and pixies. For those already following Rachel's trials, it's when bad-boy Trent finally gets Rachel to do his dirty work and the pixy poo hits the fan. I've been working my way toward this book for four years, and I'm really excited to finally be sharing it.
Hands down, the most interesting job I held before writing was the two summers I walked live-animal trap lines for a professor's research project, tagging and releasing chipmunks and mice. I never got bit, but I caught a weasel once. It scared the living daylights out of me, screaming when I picked up the trap. I had to pull the pins holding the trap together, then beat it with a stick to get it to fall apart. No weasels were harmed in the production of this comedy.
Writers are better liars than other people: true or false? Why, or not?
How do you relax?
What is your astrological sign?
Describe the best breakfast of your life.
Why do you write?
Fahrenheit, Celsius, or Kelvin?
Talk about your vision of the ideal life.
Recommend five or more books on a single subject of personal interest or expertise.
Five distinctively different urban fantasy books that I've recently read and enjoyed.
1) Scent of Shadows by Vicki Pettersson Urban fantasy highlighting not witches or vamps, but superheroes.
2) Stray by Rachel Vincent Urban fantasy focusing on werecats.
3) Seraphs by Faith Hunter Urban fantasy after the apocalypse. Highly unique reading.
4) Blood Engines by T. A. Pratt Urban fantasy with several intriguing magic systems.
5) Nightwalker by Jocelynn Drake I don't think this one is out yet, but I'd never seen a jet-setting vamp before, and I loved it.
÷ ÷ ÷
Born and raised in Tornado Alley, Kim Harrison now resides in more sultry climes. The New York Times-bestselling author of Dead Witch Walking, The Good, the Bad, and the Undead, Every Which Way but Dead, A Fistful of Charms, and For a Few Demons More, she haunts the stores for leather boots and good music, and is hard at work on the next novel of the Hollows.