Stephenie Meyer's Breaking Dawn Midnight Release Party
Powell's Books hosts Bella's Ball celebrating the final installment in the Twilight Saga
July 9, 2008, Portland, OR Stephenie Meyer's fans anxiously await the stroke of midnight on the morning of Saturday, August 2, 2008, when Twilight Saga readers across the world celebrate the much-anticipated conclusion in the wildly popular series.
In Portland, fans are invited to attend Bella's Ball, a release party for Breaking Dawn hosted by Powell's Books on Friday, August 1. Similar to Harry Potter release parties in the past, NW Couch Street will be closed for fun and games, including:
"We're excited for the release of the last book in the Twilight Saga," declares Danielle Marshall, merchandising and promotions specialist at Powell's, adding, "Fans have been awaiting the conclusion to Bella and Edward's story and we are thrilled to be able to celebrate with them!"
- Costume contest for the best dressed: Bella, Edward, vampire, werewolf, and Bella and Edward as bride and groom
- Twilight Trivia and Dance/Trance DJ
- Treats and refreshments from Cupcake Jones, Voodoo Doughnut, and World Cup Coffee and Tea
- Vampire films at Living Room Theaters (SW 10th and Stark) the night of the event
- American Red Cross Blood Mobile (Blood Mobile on-site 3:30-6:30 p.m. Blood donors receive advance placement in line. Limited space available; to pre-register contact Mark at the American Red Cross: 503-528-5608.)
- Breaking Dawn: Books on sale at midnight
Breaking Dawn, the fourth and final book in the #1 internationally bestselling Twilight Saga by Stephenie Meyer, will be sold for $16.09 at the release party and online at www.powells.com.
Powell's City of Books
1005 W Burnside
Party Hours: Friday, August 1, 2008
3:30pm - 6:30pm: American Red Cross blood drive
6:30pm - midnight: Entertainment, contests, food, and book release!
Visit Powells.com's calendar of events for details.