Picking Up Your Order
You asked for it Portland, and we listened. At Powells.com you can now save time and money by picking up your online order at one of our Portland-area locations.
How In-Store Pickup Works
It's easy! Simply shop for your books at Powells.com and select In-Store Pickup as your shipping method when you checkout. Let Powell's gather your books while you go about your regularly scheduled life. When your order is ready, you'll be notified by email. Retrieve your order at the location you specified in checkout within two weeks of the notification.
- You must have an email address to use prepaid in-store pickup.
- Cash or check will not be accepted, nor will PayPal.
We accept credit card, Powell's credit, and Powell's Cards as payment for in-store pickup orders.
- When picking up your order, you must present a valid picture ID and the credit card used to pay for the order.
- An order will be held for up to two weeks from the time that you're notified it's ready. Orders not picked up within the allotted timeframe will be shipped to your billing address. (Free shipping offers do not apply.)
- Cancelled items are subject to a cancellation/restocking fee equivalent to our Economy Mail shipping rates.
- Prepaid In-store pickup is not available for orders of Powell's Cards. Simply visit any cash register in our stores to purchase a Powell's Card.