Sell Us Your Books in Our Stores
Turn your books into cash — or get even more value in store credit.
Stop by one of our locations any day of the week to sell your books over the counter. Our knowledgeable used book buyers will be happy to review your items, whether you have a few books or a few hundred.
Please keep in mind
- We buy books based on the needs of our stores at the time of purchase.
- With few exceptions, we buy books in good condition.
- A current government-issued photo ID is required.
- We do not buy outdated textbooks or old encyclopedia sets.
- If you're planning on bringing in several boxes, please arrive at least one hour before our buying tables close.
- For collections of 1,000 books or more, please email email@example.com for details.
- In-store buying decisions and offers may differ from online bids.
What we pay for used books
Whether in-store or online, we buy books we can resell. Our bids are based on the expected retail value of the books we buy. That retail value is derived from the books' desirability, current and historic market values, in-print prices, conditions, and our current stock levels. We offer approximately 50% more in Powell's credit (to be redeemed in our stores or online) than we do in cash.
firstname.lastname@example.org / 800-878-7323, ext. 5952