Synopses & Reviews
Discover Georgia with Moon Travel Guides
From sleepy small towns and buzzing cities, to misty mountains and tranquil islands, explore the Peach State with Moon Georgia. Inside you'll find:
With Moon Georgia's local perspective, myriad activities, and expert know-how, you can plan your trip your way.
- Flexible itineraries that can be adapted for your budget and timeline, whether you're taking a weekend getaway to Atlanta or Savannah, or spending two weeks exploring the whole state
- Strategic advice designed for history buffs, foodies, outdoor adventurers, music lovers, and more
- Unique activities and can't-miss highlights: Meander through verdant squares and charming streets in historic Savannah, or hop between galleries, museums, and shops in downtown Atlanta. Hike past waterfalls on the Appalachian Trail, go whitewater rafting on the Chatooga River, or breath the salty air of the secluded Golden Isles. Get to know Georgia's literary roots, visit the First African Baptist Church and the birthplace of Martin Luther King Jr., or see monuments to the state's Civil War battlefields. Catch a live show celebrating Georgia's musical legacies, and sample the best of Southern food, from pulled pork to fried okra
- Honest insight from Savannah local Jim Morekis on where to eat, where to stay, and how to get around
- Full-color photos and detailed maps throughout
- Handy tips for seniors, international visitors, travelers with disabilities, and more
- Background information on Georgia's history, culture, landscape, and wildlife
- Full coverage of Atlanta, North Georgia, Middle and South Georgia, Savannah, and the Golden Isles
Exploring the cities of the South? Try out Moon Charleston & Savannah or Moon Atlanta. Need a breath of fresh air? Check out Moon Great Smoky Mountains National Park.