Synopses & Reviews
From snowy resorts and fall foliage to maple syrup and artisanal cheese, get to know the Green Mountain State with Moon Vermont. Inside you'll find:
With Moon Vermont's practical tips and local know-how, you can plan your trip your way.
- Strategic, flexible itineraries, from long weekend getaways to a week-long Green Mountain road trip, designed for foodies, families, outdoor adventurers, and more
- Must-see highlights and unique experiences: Wander through historic Montpelier, quirky Brattleboro, or charming Woodstock. Take a horse-drawn sleigh ride through fresh, fluffy snow, visit the woods that inspired Robert Frost, or stock up on flannels at an old-fashioned country store. Cruise along the highway and see the stunning changing leaves, go cross-country skiing, hike lush mountains with endless trails, and splash around in a sun-dappled river. Dine at innovative restaurants serving forest-foraged cuisine, and sample your way through small-batch dairy farms, craft breweries, and maple syrup farms
- Scenic drives in Vermont for viewing fall foliage, the best romantic getaways, and the top ski areas in the state
- Honest recommendations from Vermont local Jen Rose Smith on when to go, where to eat, and where to stay, from historic bed-and-breakfasts to budget campgrounds
- Full-color photos and detailed maps throughout
- Accurate, up-to-date information on the landscape, wildlife, and history of Vermont
- Handy tips for international visitors, seniors, travelers with disabilities, and more
Looking for more quintessential New England? Try Moon Maine, Vermont & New Hampshire. Hitting the road? Check out Moon New England Road Trip.