Synopses & Reviews
From the Outer Banks to Asheville, discover the cities, waves, woods, and mountains of the Tar Heel State with Moon North Carolina. Inside you'll find:
With Moon North Carolina's expert advice and local insight on the best things to do and see, you can plan your trip your way.
- Flexible itineraries, including scenic drives along the Blue Ridge Parkway, a weekend in Great Smoky Mountains National Park, and getaways to Asheville, Raleigh-Durham, and Charlotte
- Strategic advice designed for hikers, beach-goers, foodies, and more
- Unique experiences and can't-miss highlights: Discover the top beaches in the Outer Banks for family fun, water sports, or quiet rest and relaxation. Hike through the tall pines of Appalachia past rushing streams and cascading waterfalls, or admire historic architecture and lush gardens in Wilmington. Enjoy Asheville's top-notch breweries, world-class restaurants, and vibrant art scene, and sample North Carolina's tastiest, most authentic barbecue
- The best spots for outdoor sports and recreation, including hiking, rafting, golfing, and watching NASCAR races
- Expert tips from North Carolina local Jason Frye
- When to go, how to get around, and where to stay, from historic inns and beachside B&Bs to budget motels and campgrounds
- Full-color photos and detailed maps throughout
- Thorough information including background on the landscape, climate, wildlife, and local culture
Focusing on the mountains? Check out Moon Asheville & the Great Smoky Mountains.
Can't get enough of the beach? Try Moon North Carolina Coast