Synopses & Reviews
Moon Michigan reveals the best of the Great Lakes State's charming small towns, vibrant cities, and vast, untouched wilderness. Inside you'll find:
With Moon's local insight and practical tips, you can experience Michigan your way.
- Strategic, flexible itineraries for beach-goers, hikers, foodies, road-trippers, and more, including wine country getaways, a romantic weekend on Mackinac Island, four days in the Upper Peninsula, and the best of Detroit and Ann Arbor
- Unique experiences and can't-miss sights: Hike through evergreen forests or along freshwater coastlines, catch a glimpse of wild moose and black bears, and set up camp under a crystal-clear summer sky. Spend your days fishing, boating, and swimming in pristine lakes, or snowmobiling and cross-country skiing. Browse galleries and gardens in Ann Arbor, or explore Motor City's rich industrial and musical history. Take a romantic carriage ride on Mackinac or a scenic tour of wine country, and discover the best spots to see fall foliage
- The best outdoor activities, including the top beaches, hikes, and golf courses
- Expert advice from Detroit local Paul Vachon on when to go, how to get around, and where to stay, from campsites and motels to golf resorts and lakeside lodges
- Full-color photos and detailed maps throughout
- Thorough information on the landscape, climate, wildlife, and history
Exploring more of the Midwest? Try Moon Minneapolis & St. Paul or Moon Wisconsin.