Synopses & Reviews
Explore the spruce-studded mountains, classic shoreline villages, and rugged character of the Pine Tree State with Moon Maine. Inside you'll find:
With Moon Maine's practical tips and local insight, you can experience the best of the state.
- Strategic itineraries ranging from a ten-day road trip through the whole state to a week exploring the coast, with ideas for every season
- Must-see highlights and unique experiences: Sample wild blueberries, farmstead cheeses, and preserves from roadside farmers' markets or find the best beachfront lobster shack. Watch the boats sway in a quiet harbor, mingle with locals over a "chowdah suppah," and unwind on a sandy pocket beach
- Outdoor adventures: Hike through lush timberland forests or ski the slopes at Sugarloaf. Canoe down the Allagash and immerse yourself in the secluded wilderness of Acadia National Park
- Honest advice from born-and-raised Maine local Hilary Nangle on when to go, where to eat, and where to stay, from luxury hotels and historic inns to budget campgrounds
- Full-color photos and detailed maps throughout
- Essential information including background on Maine's landscape, climate, wildlife, and culture
Hitting the road? Try Moon New England Road Trip. If you're headed north, try Moon Nova Scotia, New Brunswick & Prince Edward Island or Moon Montr al & Qu bec City.