Synopses & Reviews
Embrace your inner cowboy and discover the heart of the Lone Star State with Moon Austin, San Antonio & the Hill Country. Inside you'll find:
Experience the best of Austin, San Antonio & the Hill Country with Moon's practical tips and local insight.
- Flexible itineraries, from a long weekend in Austin to a road trip through Hill Country
- Strategic advice for music lovers, history buffs, families, and more
- Unique and authentic experiences: Two-step at a local honky-tonk, or explore the folk and contemporary art scenes. Catch a live show in one of Austin's countless famed venues, or a UT Longhorn game in a jam-packed stadium. Hike or bike around the many trails, lakes, and streams of Hill Country, or spot roaming bison and antelope on your way to a local winery. Explore the rich Latino heritage of San Antonio, and visit the historic Alamo or the Spanish missions
- Expert tips from Austin local Justin Marler
- Honest advice on where to stay, where to eat (including the best BBQ joints ), and how to get around by car or public transportation
- Full-color photos and detailed maps throughout
- Detailed background on the culture and history, geography, and regional vernacular
Looking to explore more of the Lone Star State? Try Moon Dallas & Fort Worth or Moon Texas.