Synopses & Reviews
Help for those who find prayer routine and boring. Your problem may not be so much failure of will but lack of knowledge about mature prayer. This remarkable book offers practical ways you can improve your prayers today and grow closer to God. Addresses the proper way to venerate the saints, set prayer, silent/vocal prayer, and how to pray even when your faith has been challenged or threatened.
Here's help for all who find prayer routine and boring. This remarkable book offers practical ways readers can improve their prayers today and grow closer to God. They'll learn how to overcome distractions . . . how to pray when their heart is empty . . . how to avoid monotony . . . the best posture for prayer . . . and more!
Where did you learn to pray?
At your mother's knee? From the nun or brother who taught your religion class? Has your understanding of prayer matured since then, or do you simply pray, year after year, as you were taught as a child?
No wonder most people have so many erroneous notions about prayer. No wonder our prayers are still far from what they should be
This remarkable book offers practical ways you can improve your prayers today and grow closer to God. The topics include:
- How to pray well even when your heart is empty
- Determining the prayer schedule that's right for you
- St. Francis of Assisi - the five words that gave this holy man an entire night of contemplation
- The saints: why all Christians should pray to them - and with them
- Spontaneous prayer - why it can be less genuine than formal prayers
- "Vague cosmic worship" - has it crept into your prayers?
- The Rosary - just how much of it should you
This remarkable book offers practical ways to improve your prayers and grow closer to God. You'll learn about the right way to venerate saints; how long prayers should be; the value of formal prayer versus spontaneous prayer; how to keep praying when your faith is weak; the right posture for prayer; silent and vocal prayer; petitions; thanksgiving . . . and more!