Synopses & Reviews
This book is the English edition of what has become widely known as "The Supiot Report," a bold and far-reaching look at the changing nature of work, employment and labor institutions, and systems of regulation and welfare. The author places recent developments in their economic, social, institutional, and legal contexts, and draws upon illustrations from a number of European countries.
About the Author
Nantes. Pamela Meadows, formerly Director of the Policy Studies Institute, is now at the National Institute for Economic and Social Research.
Table of Contents
1. Work and Private Power
2. Work and Membership of the Labour Force
3. Work and Time
4. Work and Collective Organization
5. Work and Public Authorities: The work of the state
6. Changes in Work, Women's Work, and the Future of Labour Law: The gender dimension
7. Labour and Law and Economic Performance