Synopses & Reviews
- 130 species (only Oregon birds!)
- No need to look through dozens of photos of birds that don't live in Oregon.
- Easy-to-use color guide. See a yellow bird and don't know what it is? Go to the yellow section!
- Fact-filled, containing the information you want to know.
- Compare feature. Not sure which woodpecker you're seeing? This feature helps you decide!
- Contains range maps showing where in Oregon you'll find the birds in summer, winter, all year or during migration.
- Full-page photos with corresponding full-page descriptions.
- Stan's Notes include naturalist information and interesting gee-whiz facts.
Make bird watching in Oregon even more enjoyable With Stan Tekiela's famous field guide, bird identification is simple and informative. There's no need to look through dozens of photos of birds that don't live in Oregon. This book features 130 species of Oregon birds, organized by color for ease of use. Do you see a yellow bird and don't know what it is? Go to the yellow section to find out. Fact-filled information, a compare feature, range maps, and detailed photographs help to ensure that you positively identify the birds that you see.
See a yellow bird and donít know what it is? No problem! This remarkable field guide features 130 bird species (only Oregon birds!) organized by color. Full-page photos, detailed descriptions, Stanís Notes and range maps help to ensure correct I.D.
About the Author
Tekiela is a naturalist who writes a syndicated nature column and appears on a syndicated nature radio show.