Synopses & Reviews
Teach Your Tabby Perfect Manners!
Scoot! Hey, get down from there! Scat, cat! Are these phrases familiar to you and your beloved feline? If so, you're in good company. Cats are adventurous, intelligent, and curious creatures who often seem to delight in creating mischief and mayhem in our homes. They scale our curtains, eat our houseplants, shred our furniture, and then recuperate by snoozing on our kitchen counter tops.
But must you put up with you cat's bad habits? Absolutely not! With patience and a few lessons in feline psychology, you can teach your cat perfect house manners. Lura Rogers offers tried and true advice on understanding your cat's behavior and molding it to fit your expectations of how a civilized house cat should behave. Her simple step-by-step instructions make it possible to create a happy, healthy, and harmonious home--one that can be enjoyed by both you and your feline friend.
About the Author
Lura Rogers has been caring for animals since she was a child. She was a long-time employee of Adirondack Save-a-Stray, a shelter and adoption center for cats and dogs. She now shares her New Hampshire home with three cats.
Table of Contents
- The History of Your Cat: Understanding Feline Fancies
- The Truth about Cats and Dogs
- Feline Behavior Modification: Psychology 101
- The Fine Art of Deterring and Distracting
- Litter Boxes: Hitting the Mark
- The Furniture Scratcher
- Curtain Climbers
- Biting and Scratching: Taming the Tiger
- Dealing with Feline Squabbles
- Toilet Paper: The Great Confetti Machine
- Table-Walking Tabbies
- Taking the Bite Out of Chewing
- Roam Control -- Escapees!
- Final Behavior Reminders