Synopses & Reviews
It may sometimes seem impossible to get some kids to read, but YA experts Patrick Jones, Maureen Hartman, and Patricia Taylor believe in some proven tips, titles, and tools to make the impossible happen. They show you how to entice reluctant readers, what types of books are most likely to grab and keep their interest, and how to connect different kinds of readers with different genres. The featured lists include more than 600 sure-fire books, magazines, and series such as:
- Best Books for Struggling Middle School Readers
- Best Books for Boys of All Ages
- Best New Adult Fiction and Classics for Teens
- Best Turn-Around Titles That Get Non-Readers Reading
- Best Magazines and Comic Books
You will also find quick and easy guidance for using booktalks (including 50 ready-to-use scripts) and reading surveys.