Synopses & Reviews
This textbook outlines the basics of econometrics in a clear and concise manner. It will be invaluable to students at all levels venturing into the world of econometrics.
Recognizing that A-level mathematics is no longer a prerequisite for economics degrees, this textbook is the first serious attempt to outline the basics of econometrics in the clearest and simplest manner possible. The main features of Econometrics: A Practical Approach include:
* a non-mathematical exposition of the key issues and topics
* worked examples involving real economic data
* a chapter on the use of modern technology including a listing of all the main data sources on the world wide web
* an appendix which makes use of the Microfit package to generate empirical results
* an examination of recent developments in the field. This text will be invaluable to students at all levels venturing into the world of econometrics.