Synopses & Reviews
This book introduces a comprehensive approach for team development of mobile business apps, combining best practices for collaborative software lifecycle management with newer requirements unique to the mobile space. Authored by a team of IBM experts responsible for delivering the cutting-edge IBM Mobile Enterprise product offerings, it has been designed to provide value for every participant in the mobile enterprise app development project:
- Architects can use this guide to plan mobile projects
- Development teams can use it to make effective implementation decisions
- Project managers can use it to organize and guide project activities
- Test organizations can use it to addressing the unique challenges of mobility;
- Executives can use it to integrate new mobile apps into existing infrastructure and development processes
Unlike competing books, Enterprise Class Mobile Application Development helps you build robust enterprise applications that securely leverage existing enterprise services and data sources. In contrast with guides focused on just one platform, it shows how to develop robust cross-platform mobile apps that support you no matter what devices you or your users choose.
Build and Deploy Mobile Business Apps That Smoothly Integrate with Enterprise IT
For today's enterprises, mobile apps can have a truly transformational impact. However, to maximize their value, you can't build them in isolation. Your new mobile apps must reflect the revolutionary mobile paradigm and delight today's mobile users--but they must also integrate smoothly with existing systems and leverage previous generations of IT investment.
In this guide, a team of IBM's leading experts show how to meet all these goals. Drawing on extensive experience with pioneering enterprise clients, they cover every facet of planning, building, integrating, and deploying mobile apps in large-scale production environments. You'll find proven advice and best practices for architecture, cloud integration, security, user experience, coding, testing, and much more.
Each chapter can stand alone to help you solve specific real-world problems. Together, they help you establish a flow of DevOps activities and lifecycle processes fully optimized for enterprise mobility.
- How mobile applications motivate business innovation--and why they present unique challenges for enterprise IT
- Understanding how the enterprise mobile app lifecycle resembles and differs from conventional development
- Designing mobile business apps that delight their users
- Choosing more effective mobile development techniques, languages, and architectural approaches
- Optimizing linkages between mobile front-ends and enterprise back-end systems
- Testing for complex, constantly changing device environments
- Practicing DevOps to accelerate and increase value, from ideation to delivery
Table of Contents
1. Mobile: The New Generation of Information Technology
2. Overview of the Complete Mobile Development Lifecycle
3. Design Quality is Crucial Make the Investment Up-Front
4. Implementation Choices for Mobile Apps
5. Beyond the Mobile End Point
6. A Comprehensive Approach to Testing for Mobile Apps
7. Best Practices for Mobile Dev-Ops
8. Summing It All Up: End-to-End Development Process Roadmap
Appendix A. Tools and Frameworks Referenced in this Book