Synopses & Reviews
David Myers's bestselling brief text has opened millions of students' eyes to the world of psychology. Through vivid writing and integrated use of the SQ3R learning system (Survey, Question, Read, Rehearse, Review), Myers offers a portrait of psychology that captivates students while guiding them to a deep and lasting understanding of the complexities of this field.
Through five editions of this bestselling brief text, David Myers has introduced psychology to millions of students. As always, the author's exceptionally communicative writing style and integrated use of the SQ3R learning system (Survey, Question, Read, Rehearse, Review) make the text supremely engaging and understandable. The new edition of "Exploring Psychology offers a wealth of cutting-edge research and content from the most dynamic and burgeoning areas of the field--cognition, gender and diversity studies, neuroscience, industrial/organizational psychology, and more. In addition, a spectacular media-powered supplements package makes the "Sixth Edition the most compelling, effective, concise psychology textbook available.
Table of Contents
1. Thinking Critically With Psychological Science
2. Neuroscience and Behavior
3. The Nature and Nurture of Behavior
4. The Developing Person
5. Sensation and Perception
6. States of Consciousness
9. Thinking, Language, and Intelligence
11. Emotions, Stress, and Health
13. Psychological Disorders
15. Social PsychologyAppendix A: Statistical Reasoning in Everyday LifeAppendix B: Psychology at WorkAppendix C: Answers to Rehearse It and Critical Thinker's Review Questions