Synopses & Reviews
HAIL, AND WELL MET, ADVENTURER!
We present thee with the Field Notes 5E Character Journal, a handsome tome for the fifth edition of “the world’s greatest roleplaying game,” Dungeons & Dragons. It is specifically designed to help you track your D&D character’s statistics, spells, weapons, treasure, history, and more. The 64 pages feature room for all data normally found on a character sheet, and more, including plenty of space to document your adventure level by level.* Each book is designed to track one character.
We’ve been making Field Notes for well over a decade now, so we’ve seen more than our fair share of Graph paper. Yet, even now, some of us can’t look at little squares without wanting to map out a route through a subterranean dungeon or an abandoned castle, striving to defeat the dragon, berserker, or whatever other enemies stand between us, treasure, and glory.
FIELD NOTES QUALITY, DUNGEON-TESTED
Each 2-Pack includes two “Note Book”-sized Character Journals, 4-3/4" x 7-1/2", with blood-red French Paper Co “Construction” 100# covers featuring handy data, tables, and diagrams for reference. The body pages are beefy Domtar Lynx Ultra Smooth 70# text with clear-but-subtle light brown print. The pages contain fields for game information, character data, and level-by-level notes.
FILL IT UP
Each book in the 2-Pack is designed to use with one character. Inside of the journal you’ll find empty charts, tables, and spaces for logging the following character information:
• Character Elements
• Race Details / Ancestry Details
• Personality Traits / Bonds / Ideals / Flaws
• Background / Backstory
• Class / Subclass / Class Table / Character Stats
• Attacks / Spellcasting / Languages / Ammunition
• Spellcasting Table / Favorite and Frequent Spells
• Proficiencies and Skills
• Equipment / Money / Treasures
• Downtime and Leisure Activity Tracking
• Character Level Notes
• Allies / Hirelings / Sidekicks
• Faction Details
• Campaign Quotes and Notes
• Behind-the-Scenes / Thoughts / Theories
• Session Log
* Again, to be clear, these are not plain paper note books, they are specifically formatted with empty charts and tables for 5E fantasy roleplaying.
Field Notes 5e Character Journals are designed for use with the fifth edition of Dungeons and Dragons as permitted under the Open Game License version 1.0a.
Dungeons and Dragons and all related trademarks are the property of Wizards of the Coast, Inc. (WOTC). Field Notes Brand is not affiliated with nor licensed by WOTC.
01. Each book in the 2-Pack is designed for one character.
02. Proudly printed and bound by the good people of Active Graphics, Cicero, Ill., and Able Printing Services, Berwyn, Ill.
03. Cover: French Pop-Tone 100#C “Wild Cherry” with a brute force application of “Dachshund Nose Black” soy-based Saphira inks.
04. Innards: Domtar Lynx Opaque Smooth 70#T “White” with a fine application of “Double Knee Duck Canvas Light Brown” ink.
05. Cover and innards printed on a Komori Lithrone S40 40" 6-color offset printing press.
06. Bound with a Heidelberg Stitchmaster ST 270 5-pocket saddle stitcher.
07. Corners rounded to a 1/2" (12.7mm) radius by a Heidelberg die cut press.
08. Note Book dimensions are 4-3/4" × 7-1/2" (121mm × 191mm).
09. FIELD NOTES uses only the Futura typeface family (Paul Renner, 1927).
10. All FIELD NOTES memo books are printed and manufactured in the U.S.A.
11. Special thanks to Will the Wondrous, Eric the Esteemed, and Wally the Witty.
12. FN-CJ5E UPC: 858493003882