Table of Contents
DIFFICULTIES AND OPPORTUNITIES. 1. The Challenge of Present-Day Teaching.
2. Why Do Kids Love School?
3. As a Teacher, Can I Be Myself? Responsible Freedom in the Classroom.
4. A Sixth-Grade Teacher Experiments.
5. A French Teacher Grows with Her Students.
6. Administrators as Facilitators.
7. Other Facilitators of Freedom. For the Teacher.
8. The Interpersonal Relationship in the Facilitation of Learning.
9. Becoming a Facilitator.
10. Ways of Building Freedom.
11. The Politics of Education.
12. Is There Discipline in Person-Centered Classrooms? What Are the Facts?
13. Researching Person-Centered Issues in Education. The Philosophical and Value Ramification.
14. A Modern Approach to the Valuing Process.
15. Freedom and Commitment.
16. The Goal: The Fully Functioning Person. A Montorium on Schooling.
17. A Person-Centered Perspective on Transforming Education. A Road Less Traveled.
18. Some Reflections.