Synopses & Reviews
This is the first book on the market focusing specifically on the topic of geotechnical earthquake engineering. The book draws from the fields of seismology and structural engineering to present a broad, interdiciplinary view of the fundamental concepts in seismology, geotechnical engineering, and structural engineering.
Includes bibliographical references (p. 596-642) and index.
Table of Contents
1. Introduction to Geotechnical Earthquake Engineering
2. Seismology and Earthquakes.
3. Strong Ground Motion.
4. Seismic Hazard Analysis.
5. Wave Propagation.
6. Dynamic Soil Properties.
7. Ground Response Analysis.
8. Local Site Effects and Design Ground Motions.
10. Seismic Slope Stability.
11. Seismic Design of Retaining Walls.
12. Soil Improvement for Remediation of Seismic Hazards.
Appendix A. Vibratory Motion.
Appendix B. Dynamics of Discrete Systems.
Appendix C. Probability Concepts.