Synopses & Reviews
Written in a conversational style, yet solidly grounded in child development theory and research, Guidance of Young Children, 9/e focuses on positive and developmentally appropriate child guidance, while encouraging reflection, opportunities for applying knowledge, and the ability to make intentional and wise child guidance decisions. Based on the author’s belief that adults need to have realistic expectations of children, the book emphasizes understanding young children’s development, using a developmentally appropriate approach to guidance, and thinking critically in making wise guidance decisions.
This superior teaching and learning package provides:
- A variety of chances to see the concepts in action through examples and vignettes.
- Ample opportunities for concept reinforcement and practice.
- NEW! Updated research throughout and new content and features designed to make the teaching and learning processes even more effective, efficient, and enjoyable, including:
- NEW focus on culture
- NEW videos embedded at key points in each chapter of the eText
- NEW NAEYC Standards and key elements of the standards are linked to each chapter
- NEW Questions for reflection at key points in chapters
- NEW Glossary of major terms
NOTE: Used books, rentals, and purchases made outside of Pearson
If purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson, the access codes for the Enhanced Pearson eText may not be included, may be incorrect, or may be previously redeemed. Check with the seller before completing your purchase. This package includes the Enhanced Pearson eText and the bound book
Written in a conversational style, yet solidly grounded in child development theory and research, Guidance of Young Children, 9/e
focuses on positive and developmentally appropriate child guidance, while encouraging reflection, opportunities for applying knowledge, and the ability to make intentional and wise child guidance decisions. Based on the author's belief that adults need to have realistic expectations of children, the book emphasizes understanding young children's development, using a developmentally appropriate approach to guidance, and thinking critically in making wise guidance decisions. The Enhanced Pearson eText features embedded video, video analysis exercises, interactive learning modules, and assessments.
Improve mastery and retention with the Enhanced Pearson eText*
The Enhanced Pearson eText provides a rich, interactive learning environment designed to improve student mastery of content. The Enhanced Pearson eText is:
*The Enhanced eText features are only available in the Pearson eText format. They are not available in third-party eTexts or downloads.
- Engaging. The new interactive, multimedia learning features were developed by the authors and other subject-matter experts to deepen and enrich the learning experience.
- Convenient. Enjoy instant online access from your computer or download the Pearson eText App to read on or offline on your iPad(R) and Android(R) tablet.*
- Affordable. The Enhanced Pearson eText may be purchased stand-alone or with a loose-leaf version of the text for 40-65% less than a print bound book.
*The Pearson eText App is available on Google Play and in the App Store. It requires Android OS 3.1-4, a 7" or 10" tablet, or iPad iOS 5.0 or later.
0133830985 / 9780133830989 Guidance of Young Children with Enhanced Pearson eText -- Access Card Package
Package consists of:
- 0133427226 / 9780133427226 Guidance of Young Children
- 0133551393 / 9780133551396 Guidance of Young Children, Enhanced Pearson eText -- Access Card
Table of Contents
Part I Guiding Young Children: Three Essential Elements
Chapter 1 A Teacher’s Role in Guiding Children
Chapter 2 Theoretical Foundations of Child Guidance
Chapter 3 Understand Child Development: A Key to Guiding Children Effectively
Part II “Direct” and “Indirect” Child Guidance
Chapter 4 Supportive Physical Environments: Indirect Guidance
Chapter 5 Positive Guidance and Discipline Strategies: Direct Guidance
Chapter 6 Using Observation in Guiding Children
Part III Special Topics in Child Guidance
Chapter 7 Self-Esteem and the Moral Identity
Chapter 8 Feelings and Friends: Emotional and Social Competence
Chapter 9 Resilience and Stress in Childhood
Chapter 10 Aggression and Bullying in Young Children
Chapter 11 Minimizing Challenging Behavior
Part IV Apply Your Knowledge of Child Guidance
Chapter 12 Apply Your Knowledge: Guiding Children during Routines and Transitions
Chapter 13 Apply Your Knowledge: Use the Decision-Making Model of Child Guidance
Appendix Review: Major Positive Discipline Strategies
Author Index Subject Index