Synopses & Reviews
This is the first introductory text to accurately portray Hapkido in its entirety. One of the world's most exciting, varied, and practical martial arts, Hapkido consists of thousands of techniques encompassing all forms of martial skills: strikes, kicks, blocks, avoiding movements, joint locks, chokes, throws, tumbling, ground fighting, weapons, meditation, and healing. Clearly written and expertly photographed by the author of the landmark Hapkido: Traditions, Philosophy, Technique,
this unique book is essential reading for anyone seeking a concise, honest, and accurate overview of Hapkido's history, philosophy, and techniques.
• Over 680 high-quality photographs, and 48 illustrations
• More photos and techniques than any similarly priced competitive book
• Precise anatomical drawings of 83 common Oriental pressure points
• Comprehensive chapters on history and philosophy
• Sixty practical self-defense techniques, spanning most types of attacks
• Basic material to guide novices during their initial training
• Essential reading for anyone seeking a concise overview of Hapkido
About the Author
Marc Tedeschi is an internationally respected artist, designer, educator, and martial arts master, who has practiced martial arts for more than 25 years, training extensively in Hapkido, Taekwondo, Jujutsu, Judo, and Karate. Tedeschi's unique ability to blend his skills as a designer, writer, and martial artist has resulted in numerous books, widely acknowledged for their design excellence, outstanding imagery, and clarity of content. He is the author of twelve works, including a unique series of general martial arts books that provide an in-depth look at the core concepts and techniques shared by a broad range of martial arts.