Synopses & Reviews
This new edition of the classic work covers all
aspects of heat pumps. It is intended as both a student textbook and a reference manual for professional HVAC/R technicians. The book covers fundamentals, equipment operation, troubleshooting, startup, and service procedures. Among the many new features in this edition are:
- New or refined illustrations that readily convey the basic concepts of heat pump technology
- Expanded coverage of solid-state defrost controls
- Examination of all current equipment and service procedures
- Updated coverage of refrigerant-handling principles and refrigerants
Chapter contents are:
- Heat Pump Systems
- Heat Pump Refrigeration Cycles
- Heat Pump Components
- Heat Pump Controls
- Water-Source Heat Pump Systems
- Heat Pump System Design
- Heat Pump System Installation
- Troubleshooting Heat Pump Systems
- Heat Pump Startup and Standard Service Procedures
- Representative Wiring Diagrams
Rounding out the book are a comprehensive glossary and index.
Designed as a text or a reference, this book covers the practical fundamentals, recommended service, and startup procedures for heat pump systems. The straightforward presentation and thorough coverage regarding heat pump systems provides users with the knowledge and confidence necessary to properly install and service heat pump systems. The reference explains all information needed to design, install, service and maintain heat pump systems including water-source heat pump systems, troubleshooting, startup and standard service procedures and representative wiring diagrams. For Service and Installation Technicians, Service Managers, Instructors and Designers.
Table of Contents
1. Heat Pump Systems.
2. Heat Pump Refrigeration Cycles.
3. Heat Pump Components.
4. Heat Pump Controls.
5. Water-Source Heat Pump Systems.
6. Heat Pump System Design.
7. Heat Pump System Installation.
8. Troubleshooting Heat Pump Systems.
9. Heat Pump Startup and Standard Service Procedures.
10. Representative Wiring Diagrams.