Synopses & Reviews
Build custom SharePoint 2010 solutions with deep architectural insights from the experts.
Get a detailed look inside SharePoint 2010—and master the intricacies of developing intranets, extranets, and Web-based applications. Guided by an author team with in-depth knowledge of SharePoint architecture, you'll gain task-oriented guidance and extensive code samples to help you build robust business solutions.
Discover how to:
- Master fundamental development techniques for SharePoint Foundation
- Deploy your SharePoint application as a sandboxed solution for more stable and security-enhanced code
- Create page templates, master pages, Web Parts, custom controls, and event handlers
- Develop custom field types, site columns, content types, and list definitions
- Query SharePoint lists with the LINQ-to-SharePoint provider
- Customize the Enterprise Content Management (ECM) capabilities in SharePoint 2010
- Configure and extend Business Connectivity Services (BCS) and Enterprise Search
Take a detailed look at SharePoint 2010, and master the intricacies of developing intranets, extranets, and Web-based applications. Experts in collaboration technologies take you deep inside SharePoint architecture, delivering task-oriented guidance and extensive code samples to help you build robust enterprise content management solutions.
Discover how to:
- Use Visual Studio® 2010 SharePoint Tools
- Create Sandboxed Solutions
- Handle Pages and Navigation
- Develop Web Parts
- Create Fields, Site Columns and Content Types
- Create Lists and Event Handlers
- Access Data in Lists
- Perform Client-side Programming
- Develop Workflows
- Implement SharePoint Security
- Work with Service Applications
- Perform Business Intelligence (BI)
PLUS:Get Microsoft Visual C#® code samples on the Web!
Learn proven techniques and methods for successfully creating a SharePoint system specification. The purpose of a SharePoint system specification for an organization is to expand on the user requirements in order to produce a clear, complete and unambiguous set of documentation. Discover how to describe the intended system in terms of its function, performance, interfaces, and design constraints.
- Describes the processes necessary to implement SharePoint, covering the project planning, team, configuration management, and governance
- Steps you through the process of building a strong SharePoint presence in your organization
- Guides you through creating forms and procedures that will help you meet and exceed customer expectations and requirements
- Aids in ensuring all areas of the SharePoint implementation are captured
Delve deep into the architecture of SharePoint 2010 -- and determine the best way to get this technology up and running smoothly. With this practical guide, youll gain project management best practices for implementing SharePoint in your organization, and learn expert techniques for tuning your system to match the communication and collaboration needs of your users.
Discover how to:
- Master SharePoint project governance
- Plan your SharePoint implementation and build your team
- Produce a system specification based on user requirements
- Determine the function, performance, interfaces, and design of your SharePoint system
- Optimize your hardware, software, and information architecture
- Take control of the documentation process during your SharePoint project
- Manage the implementation to respond to the evolving needs of your organization
Your companion content includes:
- Fully searchable online edition of the book -- with unlimited access on the Web
About the Author
is an author, instructor and co-founder of Critical Path Training (www.CriticalPathTraining.com), a company dedicated to education on SharePoint technologies. For the last five years, Ted has worked with Microsoft's Developer Platform Evangelism group researching and authoring SharePoint training materials for early adopters. Ted started working with SharePoint 2010 in August of 2008, and since that time, has led a series of training classes in which he has already taught hundreds of professional developers how to get started building custom business solutions using the SharePoint 2010 platform.
David Mann is a SharePoint Server MVP and an independent Developer, Software Architect, Author and Trainer, focusing on Microsoft's Information Worker and Collaboration stack. He is based outside of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. He has been working with portal, collaboration, and content management technologies for over 13 years; designing and delivering solutions for Fortune 500 companies, small family-run businesses, and everything in between - with a focus on making end user's lives easier and improving the organization's bottom line. Dave is the author of the book "Workflow in the 2007 Microsoft Office System" and founder of the Philadelphia Office Geeks User Group, focused on developer and administrator topics covering SharePoint and the entire Office System.
Table of Contents