Synopses & Reviews
Judges Inductive Study Workbook
Go deeper into God's word with this inductive bible study workbook
Inductive bible study is the art of making careful observations of the text including context, comparisons, figures of speech, time and place, etc. Conclusions are then drawn from the observations in a careful and systematic manner.
This workbook includes all chapters of Judges (WEB version, a public domain translation), with inductive study questions after each chapter as well as extra blank pages for notes and prayer journaling. The study questions are:
- Who? Who is speaking? Who is being addressed? Who is present? Who is active in the passage?
- What? What is being said, or what action is taking place?
- Where? What is the location of the action or dialogue?
- When? When is this dialogue or action taking place? Time of day? Time of week? Time of year?
- Why? What is the purpose of the dialogue or action?
Space is also provided to explore:
- Content: Make note of things like instructions given, special or curious details provided, comparisons made, lists, questions and answers, figures of speech, etc.
- Context: What is the context within the scripture?
- Comparison: Compare it to similar passages of scripture, to events or conversations that happen in a similar time or place, or to passages in other parts of the bible, both New and Old Testament.
- Culture: Discover everything you can about what cultural influences may be present in the passage including the original language, references to historical figures, references to cultural practices or customs, etc.
- Consultation: Look up multiple commentaries on the passage you're studying to discover what you may have missed, help to illuminate difficult passages, and determine whether your own interpretation is on the right path.
This workbook is excellent for independent study or in a small group setting.
Give inductive study a try and see how this intentional departure from shallow devotionals and leading questions will help you dive deeper into scripture and develop a better and more accurate understanding of God's word.Click "Add to Cart" and dive deeper into scripture now