Synopses & Reviews
The best-selling general psychiatry text since 1972, Kaplan and Sadock's Synopsis of Psychiatry is now in its thoroughly updated Tenth Edition. This complete, concise overview of the entire field of psychiatry is a staple board review text for psychiatry residents and is popular with a broad range of students in medicine, clinical psychology, social work, nursing, and occupational therapy, as well as practitioners in all these areas. The book is DSM-IV-TR compatible and replete with case studies and tables, including ICD-10 diagnostic coding tables.
You will also receive access to the complete, fully searchable online text, an online test bank of approximately 100 multiple-choice questions and full answers, and an online image bank.
This package contains the following products:
- 9780781773270 Sadock Kaplan and Sadock's Synopsis of Psychiatry: Behavioral Sciences/Clinical Psychiatry, North American Edition, 10e
- 9780781775137 Goroll Primary Care Medicine, 6e
- 9781608316557 Sloane Essentials of Family Medicine, 6e
- 9781451119459 Moore Clinically Oriented Anatomy, North American Edition, 7e
This package contains the following products:
- 9780781733908 Stedman's Stedman's Medical Dictionary, 28e
- 9780781773270 Sadock Kaplan and Sadock's Synopsis of Psychiatry: Behavioral Sciences /Clinical Psychiatry 10e
- 9781451106206 Ross VitalSource e-Book for Histology, North American Edition, 6e
- 9781451187236 Bickley Bates' Guide to Physical Examination and History-Taking, 11e
- 9781451187557 Ferrier Biochemistry, 6e
- 9781469828527 Moore Clinically Oriented Anatomy, North American Edition, 7e
- 9781469802527 Tank Grant's Dissector, 15e
- 9781469851792 Moore Moore's Clinical Anatomy Powered by PrepU, 7e
- 9781469884585 Haines Neuroanatomy in Clinical Context, North American Edition, 9e
The Best-Selling Resource in Psychiatry NOW UPDATED with DSM-5!
The new and thoroughly updated 11th edition of Kaplan and Sadockandrsquo;s Synopsis of Psychiatry: Behavioral Sciences/Clinical Psychiatry is a complete overview of the entire field of psychiatry for clinicians, residents, students, and all others who provide mental health care.
In this best-selling textbook in psychiatry for over 40 years, the reader will find a thorough discussion of both the behavioral sciences and clinical psychiatry. The 11th edition integrates all the DSM-5 criteria and provides a detailed and comprehensive overview of treatment methods for every known mental disorder.
The 11th edition is set apart from any other reference you have and includes:
This publication is included on the ANCC: American Nurses Credentialing Centerandrsquo;s reference list.
- DSM-5 diagnostic tables on every major psychiatric disorder.
- A psychopharmacology section organized according to mechanisms of action and updated to include all of the new drugs including those in preparation.
- Extensive use of case studies and illustrations to enhance the learning experience.
- The most current treatment methods including a description of all newly introduced psychotherapeutic techniques.
- A completely revised section on neurocognitive disorders organized along the DSM-5 model.
- An updated and expanded section on child psychiatry; now includes a guide to diagnosis and treatment of autism spectrum disorder and other disorders of childhood.
- A fully searchable eBook, bundled with the print.
The Synopsis of Psychiatry has been the leading clinical psychiatric resource for psychiatrists both in the US and around the world. It has the reputation of being an independent, accurate, reliable and objective compendium of new events in the field of psychiatry. Now in its 11th edition, the tradition continues, both in print and digital formatsandmdash;from the authorities you can trust.
Now with the print edition, enjoy the bundled interactive eBook edition, offering tablet, smartphone, or online access to:
- Complete content with enhanced navigation
- A powerful search tool that pulls results from content in the book, your notes, and even the web
- Cross-linked pages, references, and more for easy navigation
- Highlighting tool for easier reference of key content throughout the text
- Ability to take and share notes with friends and colleagues
- Quick reference tabbing to save your favorite content for future use
Table of Contents
The Patient-Doctor Relationship
- Human Development Throughout the Life Cycle
- Embryo, Fetus, Infant and Child
- Late Adulthood (Old Age)
- Death, Dying, and Bereavement
The Brain and Behavior
- Functional and Behavioral Neuroanatomy
- Neurophysiology and Neurochemistry
- Psychoneuroendocrinology, Psychoneuroimmunology, and Chronobiology
Contributions of the Psychosocial Sciences
- Attachment Theory
- Learning Theory
- Sociobiology and Ethology
- Anthropology and Cross-Cultural Psychiatry
- Epidemiology and Biostatistics
Clinical Neuropsychological Testing
- Clinical Neuropsychological Testing of Intelligence and Personality
- Clinical Neuropsychological Assessment of Adults
Theories of Personality and Psychopathology
- Sigmund Freud: Founder of Classic Psychoanalysis
- Schools Derived from Psychoanalysis and Psychology
Clinical Examination of the Psychiatric Patient
- Psychiatric History and Mental Status Examination
- Interviewing Techniques with Special Patient Populations
- Physical Examination of the Psychiatric Patient
- Laboratory Tests in Psychiatry
- Medical Record and Medical Error
Signs and Symptoms in Psychiatry
- Classification in Psychiatry and Psychiatric Rating Scales
- Classification in Psychiatry
- Psychiatric Rating Scales
Delirium, Dementia, and Amnestic and Other Cognitive Disorders
- Amnestic Disorders
- Mental Disorders Due to a General Medical Condition
Neuropsychiatric Aspects of HIV Infection and AIDS
- Substance-Related Disorders
- Introduction and Overview
- Alcohol-Related Disorders
- Amphetamine (or Amphetaminelike)-Related Disorders
- Caffeine-Related Disorders
- Cannabis-Related Disorders
- Cocaine-Related Disorders
- Hallucinogen-Related Disorders
- Inhalant-Related Disorders
- Nicotine-Related Disorders
- Opioid-Related Disorders
- Phencyclidine (or Phencyclidinelike)-Related Disorders
- Sedative-, Hypnotic-, or Anxiolytic-Related Disorders
- Anabolic-Androgenic Steroid Abuse
- Other Substance-Related Disorders
- Other Psychotic Disorders
- Schizophreniform Disorder
- Schizoaffective Disorder
- Delusional Disorder and Shared Psychotic Disorder
- Brief Psychotic Disorder, Psychotic Disorder Not Otherwise Specified, and Secondary Psychotic Disorders
- Culture-Bound Syndromes
- Depression and Bipolar Disorder
- Dysthymia and Cyclothymia
- Other Mood Disorders
- Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia
- Specific Phobia and Social Phobia
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder
- Posttraumatic Stress Disorder and Acute Stress Disorder
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder
- Other Anxiety Disorders
- Somatoform Disorders
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Factitious Disorders
- Dissociative Disorders