Synopses & Reviews
- Considerable material on neuroanatomy, neurophysiology, and neuropharmacology
- Descriptions of the basal ganglia, limbic systems, and cerebral cortex reflect advances in the understanding of cortical networks
- Expanded clinical information, including MRIs
- Case studies present clinical examples of localization of disease process, types of pathology causing symptoms, and patient management
- Consolidated discussion on the structure and function of the brain stem and thalamus
This classic student-friendly text provides a concise, comprehensive, and clinically-oriented survey of the human nervous system. It's helpful to any student of basic neuroscience, as well as residents and physicians preparing for board examinations.