Synopses & Reviews
Natives and newcomers can agree on one thing: Colorado is a superlative state. It has more Fourteeners than any other state, more microbreweries per capita than any other state, the highest suspension bridge in the world, the worlds largest natural hot springs pool, the tallest sand dunes in the United States, and the largest city park system in the country. If you are looking for the perfect place to camp in Colorado, your trip starts with Moon Colorado Camping
. It's the ideal resource for finding campsitesfrom secluded alpine hike-in spots to convenient roadside stopoversthroughout the entire state. Join expert author Joshua Berman as he brings you:
Descriptions of camping options, ranging from state park campgrounds to RV parks
Complete contact information and summaries of each campground's scenic features, facilities, and nearby recreation opportunities
Expert tips on gear, safety, and first aid, weather, low-impact camping, and camping with kids
Easy-to-use regional maps, driving directions to each campground, and details on fees, reservation services, and helpful websites
Join local expert and camping aficionado Joshua Berman for an unforgettable experience. With his unique perspective and advice you can trust, Moon Colorado Camping has everything you need to know to have a more personal and memorable experience.
Moon Colorado Camping tells you what you need to know to plan the perfect trip for you. Whether you're RV camping, hiking into the backcountry, or just looking for a quick getaway, you'll find the perfect campsite. Along with lists of best campgrounds for Weddings, Stunning Views, Climbing Fourteeners (as Colorado has the most mountains over 14,000 feet in the US), and Hot Springs, Berman includes tips on camping equipment, food, and gear, as well as advice on convenient roadside stopovers and nearby recreation.
With expertly crafted maps with easy-to-follow driving instructions and gorgeous photos, this guidebook gives you the tools you need to have an immersive and unique experience.
Moon Colorado Camping includes areas such as:
The Front Range
Four Corners and the San Juan Mountains
San Luis Valley and the Sangre de Christos
Find the Moon guide that best suits your trip
Exploring the area? Try Moon Denver, Boulder, and Colorado Springs and Moon Colorado.
Exploring by car? Check out Moon Southwest Road Trip
Find your perfect campsite in the Centennial State with Moon Colorado Camping.
Whether you're a veteran or a first-time camper, Moon's comprehensive coverage and trusted advice will have you gearing up for your next adventure.
- A Campsite for Everyone: A variety of campgrounds and RV parks, from secluded hike-ins to convenient roadside stopovers, including dog-friendly, family-friendly, and wheelchair accessible options
- Ratings and Essentials: All campsites are rated on a scenic scale and marked with amenities like restrooms, trailhead access, picnic areas, laundry, piped water, showers, and playgrounds
- Recreation Highlights: Discover nearby hiking, swimming, fishing, water-skiing, whitewater rafting, hot springs, and options for winter sports
- Maps and Directions: Easy-to-use maps and detailed driving directions for each campground
- Skip the Crowds: Moon Colorado Camping contains many secluded spots and campgrounds that aren't available in the state's online reservation system
- The Top RV and Tent Sites for You: Pick the right campsite for your travel style with lists of best campgrounds for weddings, stunning views, hot springs, and more
- Trailhead Access Campgrounds: Find sites that offer access to the trails throughout the Western Slope, Rocky Mountains, Four Corners and the San Juan Mountains, the San Luis Valley, and more, plus essential information on hiking
- Trusted Advice: Local expert and camping aficionado Joshua Berman offers his unique perspective
- Tips and Tools: Information on equipment, food and cooking, first aid, and insect protection, plus background on the climate, landscape, and history of the campgrounds
Exploring the area? Try Moon Denver, Boulder, and Colorado Springs
or Moon Colorado