Synopses & Reviews
The bestselling author of The Areas of My Expertise
also known as The Daily Show's
"Resident Expert" and the PC in the iconic Mac ads picks up exactly where his first book left off. Exactly.
Like its predecessor, More Information Than You Require compiles incredibly handy made up facts into brief articles, overlong lists, frighteningly complex charts, and beguiling narratives on new and familiar themes such as:
- THE PAST (because there is always more)
- THE FUTURE (because they say there is still some left to discuss)
- THE METHOD BY WHICH WE "ELECT" OUR PRESIDENTS (as this will be happening soon)
- THE STRANGE OKAPI (an actual animal)
- GAMBLING: THE SPORT OF THE ASTHMATIC MAN (includes hermit crab racing)
- HOW TO BE A FAMOUS MINOR TELEVISION PERSONALITY (hint: go on television)
- PLUS: 700 MOLE-MAN NAMES (and their occupations)
Yes. Hodgman may have been briefly absent from your life, but with this volume he is ready to pick up exactly where The Areas of My Expertise left off specifically, at page 237.
"Hodgman is funny, clever, and has the face of a giant baby." Ricky Gervais
"I love this book so much I nearly read it!" Justin Long
The bestselling author of The Areas of My Expertise, who is also the Resident Expert on The Daily Show, compiles incredibly handy made-up facts into brief articles, overlong lists, frighteningly complex charts, and beguiling narratives on new and familiar themes.
About the Author
John Hodgman is a writer and former literary agent, and the author of the bestseller The Areas of My Expertise. He is a regular on The Daily Show, and the PC in Mac's TV Ads.