Synopses & Reviews
NOTE: Before purchasing, check with your instructor to ensure you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products exist for each title, and registrations are not transferable. To register for and use Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products, you may also need a Course ID, which your instructor will provide.
Used books, rentals, and purchases made outside of Pearson
If purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson, the access codes for Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products may not be included, may be incorrect, or may be previously redeemed. Check with the seller before completing your purchase.
For courses in Money and Banking or General Economics.
This package includes MyEconLab®.
Economics Today — Bringing the real world to your students
Students learn best when they see concepts applied to examples from their everyday lives. The Eighteenth Edition of Economics Today addresses leading-edge issues while facilitating student learning. The text shows students how economics is front and center in their daily routines while providing them with many ways to evaluate their understanding of key concepts covered in each chapter. New and revised tools and features engage your students and help them focus on the central ideas in economics today.
Personalize learning with MyEconLab®
MyEconLab is an online homework, tutorial, and assessment program designed to work with this text to engage students and improve results. Within its structured environment, students practice what they learn, test their understanding, and pursue a personalized study plan that helps them better absorb course material and understand difficult concepts.
0134004612 / 9780134004617 Economics Today Plus MyEconLab with Pearson eText -- Access Card Package, 18/e
This package consists of:
0133882284 / 9780133882285 Economics Today, 18/e
0133919919 / 9780133919912 MyEconLab with Pearson eText -- Access Card -- for Economics Today, 18/e
0134004612 / 9780134004617 Economics Today Plus MyEconLab with Pearson eText -- Access Card Package
Package consists of:
0133882284 / 9780133882285 Economics Today
0133919919 / 9780133919912 MyEconLab with Pearson eText -- Access Card -- for Economics Today
About the Author
Roger LeRoy Miller is currently affiliated with the University of Texas — Arlington. Prior to this affiliation, he has held faculty appointments at the University of Washington at Seattle, the University of Hawaii, Clemson University, and the University of Miami, where he co-founded the Law and Economics Center.
Miller has authored and co-authored a myriad of articles and textbooks. He is the sole author of the best-selling Economics Today text and a co-author of the highly successful Economics of Public Issues. In addition to his work in academia, Miller has been invited to give talks and lectures across America, Guatemala, Costa Rica, and France. He has also served as a consultant to several law firms and numerous state and federal agencies.
Table of Contents
Part 1: Introduction
1. The Nature of Economics
2. Scarcity and the World of Trade-Offs
3. Demand and Supply
4. Extensions of Demand and Supply Analysis
5. Public Spending and Public Choice
6. Funding the Public Sector
Part 2: Introduction to Macroeconomics and Economic Growth
7. The Macroeconomy: Unemployment, Inflation, and Deflation
8. Measuring the Economy’s Performance
9. Global Economic Growth and Development
Part 3: Real GDP Determination and Fiscal Policy
10. Real GDP and the Price Level in the Long Run
11. Classical and Keynesian Macro Analyses
12. Consumption, Real GDP, and the Multiplier
13. Fiscal Policy
14. Deficit Spending and the Public Debt
Part 4: Money, Stabilization, and Growth
15. Money, Banking, and Central Banking
16. Domestic and International Dimensions of Monetary Policy
17. Stabilization in an Integrated World Economy
18. Policies and Prospects for Global Economic Growth
Part 5: Dimensions of Microeconomics
19. Demand and Supply Elasticity
20. Consumer Choice
21. Rents, Profits, and the Financial Environment of Business
Part 6: Market Structure, Resource Allocation, and Regulation
22. The Firm: Cost and Output Determination
23. Perfect Competition
25. Monopolistic Competition
26. Oligopoly and Strategic Behavior
27. Regulation and Antitrust Policy in a Globalized Economy
Part 7: Labor Resources and the Environment
28. The Labor Market: Demand, Supply, and Outsourcing
29. Unions and Labor Market Monopoly Power
30. Income, Poverty, and Health Care
31. Environmental Economics
Part 8: Global Economics
32. Comparative Advantage and the Open Economy
33. Exchange Rates and the Balance of Payments