Synopses & Reviews
A New Meeting of the Religions demonstrates that one can affirm the Christian mission internationally and interculturally without diminishing either the importance of good interreligious relationships or the recognition of the worth of the major religions.
"...a mature distillate of a life in mission service and empathetic connection with other ways of faith."
—Molly Marshall, Professor, Central Baptist Theological Seminary
"...very helpful in getting past prevailing paradigms...."
—John Jonsson, Professor, Baylor University
Includes bibliographical references (p. 163-171) and index.
Table of Contents
Part 1: Introduction, Terminology, and Representative Viewpoints
1. The New Encounter and the Christian Theology of Religions
2. Theology of Religions: Representative Viewpoints
Part 2: Theology of Religions and Theological Questions
3. Articulating the Questions
4. The Christian Mission and Other Missions
5. Interreligious Relationships
6. The Redeemed Community, In History and Beyond