Synopses & Reviews
Optimizing Community Infrastructure: Resilience in the Face of Shocks and Stresses examines the resilience measures being deployed within individual disciplines and sectors and how multi-stakeholder efforts can catalyze action to address global challenges in preparedness and disaster and hazard mitigation. The book provides a theoretical framework to advance thinking on creating resilient, inclusive, sustainable and safe communities. Users will find an accurate and up-to-date guide for working on the development, implementation, monitoring and assessment of policies, programs and projects related to community resilience.
- Provides updated information on resilience, especially on infrastructure, finance, land use, standards and policies
- Includes case studies that illustrate how communities have increased their resilience to natural and other disasters
- Analyzes the institutional, political, social and economic dimensions of resilience at the community level
- Illustrates the interdependencies and interconnectedness of infrastructure systems and how community resilience relies on a holistic approach
- Examines responses to emerging risks associated with climate change