Synopses & Reviews
Marketing has always been about "me": my brand, my product, my company. It's "inside out." Digital marketing should be radically different. It should start with your customers and prospects. What do they need? What do they care about? What will they volunteer to spend their precious time with?
That's Outside-In Marketing. It's harder -- but it works.
Your #1 challenge: what content to provide? You're up against new gatekeepers. Google decides when your message gets shown. Facebook decides when it hits someone's stream. Above all, your customers decide whether and when they'll hear, read, watch, or share it.
Big Data tools can help you consistently choose the right content. In Outside-in Marketing , two world-class practitioners help youuse Big Data to create powerfully effective content market strategies. IBM's James Mathewson and Biznology's Mike Moran reveal how to use Big Data to unlock unprecedented customer insight, and create content customers truly want to consume.
You'll learn how to infuse search and social media customer data into everything you do, from product development through market research, branding, and messaging. You'll discover how Google and Facebook are using Big Data to decide whether your message will ever appear -- and you'll learn how to anticipate their every move. Mathewson and Moran show how to systematically measure which content is working and which isn't, and quickly optimize your efforts accordingly. The result is the holy grail of marketing: an experience your customers value, even welcome… an experience that builds relationships, brands, and profitable sales.
Supercharge ROI by Rebuilding Content Marketing Around Your Customer
Marketing has always been about my brand, my product, my company. That's "inside-out" marketing. Today, customers hate it--and ignore it. What does work? Customized messages they already care about. Marketing that respects their time and gives them immediate value in exchange for their attention. Marketing that's "outside-in."
Now, two renowned digital marketing thought leaders show how to integrate content marketing with Big Data to create high-ROI, outside-in marketing. James Mathewson and Mike Moran share new practices, techniques, guidelines, and metrics for engaging on your customers' terms, using their words, reflecting their motivations. Whether you're a content marketer, marketing executive, or analyst, you'll learn how to:
- Ease your customers' pain--solve what keeps them up at night--with compelling content experiences
- Build content that's essential to clients and prospects in each step of their buyer journeys
- Integrate search and social data into all facets of content development to continually improve its effectiveness
- Build evergreen content that is continuously improved to better meet the needs of your clients and prospects
- Apply advanced machine learning, text analytics, and sentiment analysis to craft more discoverable, shareable content
- Shape your messages to intercept your clients' and prospects' information discovery in Google
- Transform culture and systems to excel at outside-in marketing
Table of Contents
Foreword (By Prominent CMO)
1. Understand the Power of Outside-In Marketing
2. Transform Each Marketing Role in Your Organization
3. Learn the Language of Customers through Search Keyword Research
4. Gain Deep Knowledge of Customers through Social Media Listening
5. Learn How Big Data Algorithms Decide Where Your Message Is Shown
6. Build a Standout Website Based On The Proper Content Strategy
7. Design Your Content to Be Discovered and Shared By Your Customers
8. Put It All Together To Drive Content Marketing Results