Synopses & Reviews
Will Help You Resolve These Dilemmas and Many Others:
1. How can I achieve and maintain balance between work and family, and between the professional and personal areas of my life?
2. How do we unleash the creativity, talent, and energy of the majority of our work force, whose jobs neither require nor reward such resources?
3. How do we create team spirit and harmony amidst scarce resources, political games, and hidden agendas?
4. How can we understand that the choice between "hardball" and "softball" management can be transcended by a Third Alternative that is tougher and kinder?
5. How can we create a culture characterized by change, flexibility, and continuous improvement, and still maintain stability and security?
6. How can we ensure that our employees are aligned with our organizational strategy, so everyone will be as committed to it as its creators?
7. How can the people in our organization internalize the principles of quality and improvement when they are disillusioned with past "programs of the month"?
8. How can we create a complementary team based on mutual respect when so few of our employees value diversity?
9. How do we turn our mission statement into a constitution -- the organization's guiding force -- instead of a collection of meaningless platitudes?
About the Author
Recognized as one of Time magazine's 25 most influential Americans, Stephen R. Covey has dedicated his life to demonstrating how every person can truly control their destiny with profound, yet straightforward guidance. As an internationally respected leadership authority, family expert, teacher, organizational consultant, and author, his advice has given insight to millions. He has sold over 20 million books sold (in 38 languages), and The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People was named the #1 Most Influential Business Book of the Twentieth Century. His most recent major book, The 8th Habit , has sold nearly 400,000 copies. He holds an MBA from Harvard, and doctorate degree from Brigham Young University. He is the co-founder and vice chairman of FranklinCovey, the leading global professional services firm with offices in 123 countries. He lives with his wife and family in Utah.
Table of Contents
Tape 1. Facing critical leadership challenges ; The law of the harvest -- Tape 2. The critical role of trust in a principle-centered culture ; The foundation of any successful organization -- Tape 3. Creating a powerful organization culture ; Identifying and improving our leadership styles -- Tape 4. Leadership vs. management: managing things, leading people ; Cultivating the elements of trust in business relationships -- Tape 5. Tasks for the principle-centered leader ; Combating organizational fatigue and cynicism -- Tape 6. The leadership focus ; Taking immediate action.