Synopses & Reviews
In-depth mathematical treatment, including examples of real systems to explain many of the probabilistic models and the use of Matlab both in examples and problem assignments, ensures students can relate to the mathematical material in practical terms Unique applicationscovering issues such as reliability, measurement errors, and arrival and departure of events in networksprovide students with a broader range of topical coverage.
Table of Contents
2. Basic Probability.
3. A Single Random Variable.
4. Functions of a Random Variable and Expectations.
5. Two Random Variables.
6. Expectations and Functions.
7. Characteristic Function.
8. Multiple Random Variables.
9. Basic Statistics.
10. Introduction to Hypothesis Testing.
11. Basic Concepts of Reliability.
12. Introduction to Random Processes.
13. Processing of Random Signals.
14. Power Spectrum