Synopses & Reviews
This revised edition of a popular text takes into account new Government initiatives on competency frameworks to guide the development of teachers and those in middle and senior management.
Education reform continues to be a dominating feature of education in the UK and many other countries throughout the world. As a result of this, it is now more important than ever that headteachers and school managers develop the skills which enable them to manage their new responsibilities effectively.
In School Leadership in the 21st Century all the major aspects of school leadership are discussed, including:
- the strategic and ethical dimensions of leadership
- leading and managing change
- leading and managing staff in high performance schools
- information for student learning and organisational learning
- transformation of schools in the tewnty-first century.
The authors of this completely updated and revised edition have addressed the new standards and competency frameworks, making this an essential read for all headteachers and aspiring headteachers on NPQH or LPSH courses and anyone else with an interest in school leadership.
Rev. ed. of: School leadership for the 21st century / [edited by] Brent Davis and Linda Ellison. 1997.