Synopses & Reviews
Educators, do you want to be better prepared for the unique opportunities and challenges inherent in this digital age? This volume covers topics such as:
- How technology has impacted leadership development, both in traditional leadership development models and by advancements in digital tools, platforms, and devices
- The intersections of student leadership development, leadership identity, and social media
- A model for exploring and teaching digital citizenship across P-20 curriculums
- Preparing practitioners to support and educate students in the complex spaces of activism in the digital age
- The influence of technology and digital tools in defining and developing relevant skills in student leaders
- An expanded mindset for career and professional development in the digital workplace.
This volume include timely discussions on technology trends and tools and how leadership educators need to integrate digital tools into their practice, pedagogy, and curriculum. It explores the complex intersections of leadership in the digital age, both for students learning to lead and the educators guiding their learning and development.
The Jossey-Bass quarterly report series New Directions for Student Leadership
explores leadership concepts and pedagogical topics of interest to high school and college leadership educators. Issues are grounded in scholarship and feature practical applications and best practices in youth and adult leadership education.