Synopses & Reviews
This book provides a practical, comprehensive, hands-on approach to C Programming. A Step-by-Step Guide to C Programming explains every concept through practical examples rather than abstract discussions. The book provides sections on common errors and traps as well as exercises after only one or two examples. It also provides instruction in writing large programs. A valuable reference for any professional who needs a greater understanding of C programming.ÿ
Table of Contents
1. Background Preparation.
2. Input/Output Operations.
3. Arithmetic and Data Types.
4. Introduction to Decision Structures.
5. Decision Structures: More Complex Issues.
6. Putting it All Together.
7. Introduction to the while Loop.
8. More Complex Applications of while.
9. Other Kinds of Loops.
10. User-Defined Functions.
11. More Complex Issues about Functions.
12. Building Programs with Multiple Function Definitions.
13. Technical Details about Some Operators and Data Types.
14. One-Dimensional Arrays.
15. Why Use Arrays?
16. Accessing Arrays with Pointers.
17. Two-Dimensional Arrays.
18. Character Strings.
19. User-Defined String Functions.
20. More Complex Applications for Strings.
21. Structures and Enumerated Types.
22. User-Defined Types and Applications.
Appendix A: ASCII Character Codes.
Appendix B: Operator Precedence and Associativity.
Appendix C: Preprocessor Directives.
Appendix D: Static Variables.
Appendix E: Hexadecimal Number Representation.
Appendix F: The Input Mechanism.
Appendix G: Some Input/Output Objects from C++.