Synopses & Reviews
The Farinograph Handbook: Advances in Technology, Science and Applications, Fourth Edition highlights the instrument's changes over the last three decades. This book outlines how different farinograph models work, how to properly run a standard test and interpret the results, and the standard and unconventional applications for the instrument. This fourth edition will familiarize readers with the farinograph instrument's principles of operation and factors that affect its operation. This edition also contains new research on dough rheology, the use of results for process control in traditional bakery applications, and information on instrument maintenance and calibration.
This handbook is ideal for dough rheologists, cereal scientists, food (specifically, bread) scientists, millers, grain developers, academics, researchers and students.
- Acts as an authoritative source for information regarding the farinograph and its use
- Provides full coverage of the principles governing the instrument, its operation and application of results
- Contains a troubleshooting section which addresses common issues encountered with the instrument
- Covers information on potential sources of error and how to avoid or control them
- Equips the reader to determine when an instrument requires maintenance and/or repair