Synopses & Reviews
100 tales of invention and discovery to astonish, bewilder, & stupefy
- Meet the angry undertaker who gave us the push-button phone.
- Discover how modesty led to the invention of the stethoscope.
- Find out why Albert Einstein patented a refrigerator.
- Learn how a train full of trumpeters made science history.
Did you know about:
- The frustrated fashion designer who created the space suit?
- The gun-toting newspaperman who invented the parking meter?
- The midnight dreams that led to a Nobel Prize?
They're so good, you can't read just one!
The author of the highly successful History Channel series "The Greatest Stories Never Told" returns with new historic tales, this time focusing on amazing science stories of discovery and invention.
Rick Beyer, the author of the acclaimed History Channel® series The Greatest Stories Never Told, returns with new historic tales, this time focusing on amazing stories of invention and discovery, in The Greatest Science Stories Never Told. Illustrated with photographs from around the globe, The Greatest Science Stories Never Told tells of inventors both famous and forgotten, and zeroes in on eureka! moments in science and history that changed our world forever.
About the Author
Rick Beyer is the author of the popular Greatest Stories Never Told book series, and an award-winning documentary filmmaker whose work has been seen on The History Channel, A&E, and National Geographic Channel. He is also an accomplished speaker who inspires and entertains audiences around the country. He lives with his wife in Lexington, Massachusetts.