Synopses & Reviews
' Stressing the fundamentals of thermodynamics and heat power, the seventh edition covers the First and Second Laws of Thermodynamics, the ideal gas, vapor and gas power cycles, refrigeration, and heat transfer. Features include:
- Computerized steam tables in DOS format for IBM-type computers
- A table of contents for the supplemental tables in the appendix
- Clarification of the usage of pound mass units and the correction factor gc
- A simplified discussion of the Rankine cycle with regeneration
- Heat pump operation and switching between heating and cooling modes
- Additional heat transfer problems with a section on combined modes of heat transfer
Stressing the fundamentals of thermodynamics and heat power, the seventh edition of this widely-used and highly-regarded book has been updated to increase its ease of use and improve clarity throughout; it now includes a Windows-based computer disk that encourages understanding. This book covers the First and Second Laws of Thermodynamics, the ideal gas, vapor and gas power cycles, refrigeration, and heat transfer. For use as an excellent reference work for engineers and mechanical technicians.
Includes bibliographical references (p. 619-622) and index.
Table of Contents
NOTE: (Each Chapter begins with Learning Goals and ends with a Review, Key Terms, Equations, Questions, and Problems.
1. Fundamental Concepts.
2. Work, Energy, and Heat.
3. The First Law of Thermodynamics.
4. The Second Law of Thermodynamics.
5. Properties of Liquids and Gases.
6. The Ideal Gas.
7. Mixtures of Ideal Gases.
8. Vapor Power Cycles.
9. Gas Power Cycles.
11. Heat Transfer.
Appendix 1: References.
Appendix 2: Answers to Even-Numbered Problems.
Appendix 3: Supplemental Tables.