Synopses & Reviews
"Come for the behind-the-scenes stories?stay for the cutest picture of a kitten-covered Stephen King ever."
-- O, The Oprah Magazine
Every great writer needs a mews: Mark Twain, Alice Walker, Haruki Murakami, Ursula K. Le Guin--this volume celebrates many famous authors who have shared their homes and hearts with furry feline friends. From the six-toed kitties who still inhabit the Ernest Hemingway Home and Museum in Florida to the mewling muses of mystery writer Lilian Jackson Braun, cats are clearly, in the words of Gloria Steinem, "a writer's most logical and agreeable companion."
- Features photographs and stories from 45 famous authors that capture the special bond between wordsmith and mouser
- Sorted by alphabetical order, you'll see photographs from some of the most well-known authors including Beverly Cleary, Mark Twain, Stephen King, Sylvia Plath, and many more
- Alison Nastasi is a journalist and the author of Artists and Their Cats, also from Chronicle Books. She lives in Los Angeles, California
"Full of charming anecdotes and feline whimsy, this collection is catnip for lit nerds." -- Shelf Awareness
- Makes a charming and thoughtful gift for any fan of great literature and cats
- An excellent addition to your coffee table books for guests to enjoy browsing