Updated: May 20, 2018
PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTION
Powell's, on its own or through third parties or agents, may collect and use personal information, which may include, but is not limited to:
- Your name, email, address, and telephone number.
- Information that you provide for the purpose of registering with the website and/or the Powell's blog.
- Information relevant to transactions, including credit/debit card and shipping information for order fulfillment, conducted over this website.
- Information that you provide for the purpose of subscribing to communications.
- Purchase interest and purchase history information.
Powell's also collects content and information you provide for the purpose of interacting with the Powell's Blog.
Powell's further collects information that your Internet browser sends whenever you visit or use this site. This information, sometimes called "Log Data" or "Log Files," may include your Internet protocol address, your Internet service provider, browser information including your referring and exit pages, your operating system, which pages you visit on Powell's website, the time and date of your visit and use of Powell's pages, and additional statistical information.
In addition, Powell's collects on its own, and employs third parties and third-party technology to assist with, transactions, marketing, and analytics. Powell's and these third parties collect information that is shared with Powell's regarding your interests and purchase behavior, including what you have liked and clicked on Powell's website, and whether you have completed or abandoned a corresponding purchase. More specifically, Powell's uses Google AdWords as a remarketing service to advertise on third-party websites (including Google) to previous visitors of this site. This means that we may advertise to previous visitors to our website who may or may not have completed a task or transaction on our site. This could be in the form of an advertisement on the Google search results page, or a site across the Internet in the Google Display Network.
COOKIES, BEACONS, AND OPTING OUT
We use these cookies to help us do a number of things to enhance your experience, including to:
- Remember and process the items in your shopping cart.
- Understand and save your preferences for future visits.
- Ensure you do not need to login multiple times through user identification tracking.
- Compile statistics and reports on our website and web traffic activity.
- Track and target your interests to enhance your experience on our website, including searches and web traffic adjacent to activity on this website.
- Serve advertisements based on a prior visit to this website.
- Allow for integration with social media.
- Provide other services related to this website.
You may opt out of third-party cookies from Google Analytics. You may also visit the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) for additional cookie opt-out options. Note that if you wish to opt out, you will need to do so for each browser and device that you use, and will need to opt out each time you delete your cookies or upgrade your browser.
If at any time you wish to opt out of receiving marketing materials or emails from Powell's, including our newsletter, you may do so by visiting here: www.powells.com/myaccount/newsletters
Privacy Rights of California Residents
Pursuant to Californian Civil Code Section 1798.83, California residents have the right to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to [email protected].
Powell's websites are not intended for use by children under the age of 18.
We do not knowingly collect or store any personal information from children under the age of 18. We encourage parents and guardians to spend time with their children online and to be fully familiar with the online services used by their children. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child under 18 has provided us with information without his or her consent, he or she should contact us at [email protected] As required by law, we will delete such information from our files within a reasonable time.
California minors under 18 years old may request the removal of any information that they posted to this website by contacting [email protected] Upon such request, Powell's will anonymize or remove from public view any content posted by a minor to one of our websites, unless required by law to retain such content or information.
USING PERSONAL INFORMATION
Powell's may use your personal information to:
- Administer this website.
- Personalize the website for you.
- Enable your access to use the website and its services.
- Conduct transactions and send you products that you purchase.
- Process payments and fulfill purchase requests.
- Send you statements and invoices.
- Send you promotional and marketing communications, including our newsletter, direct mail, and direct email, and process promotions, surveys, contests, and sweepstakes, and related prizes or incentives; and contact you.
For sales transactions, we may collect payment information, including credit/debit card information, checking account information, merchandise/service credit, and billing/shipping information. When you purchase through our website or over the phone, we collect information related to each transaction, including what products/services you purchased or did not purchase, the price paid, your method of payment, and any promotional information related to the transaction. Additionally, we collect order information for the purpose of better targeting our advertising and promotions for you.
SURVEYS AND PROMOTIONS
SECURING YOUR DATA
Powell's will take reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse, disclosure, or alteration of your personal information. Powell's will store all the personal information you provide on its secure servers. While Powell's will employ reasonable security practices to protect your information, no method of storage or electronic transmission is 100% secure, and as such, Powell's cannot guarantee absolute security of any information you have provided.
Usernames & Passwords: It is important that you protect and maintain the security of any account and that you notify us immediately of any unauthorized use of your Powell's account. Do not disclose your password to anyone else.
PRIVACY RIGHTS OF NON-U.S. RESIDENTS
This website contains links to other websites that are not owned or controlled by Powell's. Powell's is not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of any other such websites and encourages you to review the privacy policies of those websites. This includes, but is not limited to, social media sites (e.g., Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, etc.), which are not affiliated with Powell's.
Email: [email protected]
Address: 7 NW 9th Avenue, Portland, Oregon 97209
Phone: (800) 878-7323