By now, many of you have feverishly read your way through the Hunger Games series several times, and, like us, may be languishing in a state of apathetic misery. The final book is out and finished, the release party, while awesome, is fading into distant memory.
÷ ÷ ÷
*Super Important Event Details*
- This event will begin at 12 noon on November 7, and will run for an hour and a half.
- Costumes not required, but definitely encouraged!
- No tickets required. Customers will form a line and books will be stamped on a first come, first served basis. So get there early!
- This is a book stamping event only. Suzanne Collins will not be reading, or speaking.
- Due to a hand injury, Ms. Collins will not be signing books, but will stamp them with a special commemorative stamp created especially for her 2010 Mockingjay tour.
- A staff member will be available to take pictures of you getting your book signed, but no video please.
- You may bring books from home to be stamped, but please remember to stop by an info desk and get a book pass.
- She will stamp ONE book per customer.
(Details also on our calendar)
÷ ÷ ÷
Scholastic recently ran a contest for bookstores that were hosting a release party for Mockingjay, the newest book in the Hunger Games series. The best themed presentation would win a visit from the Suzanne Collins herself. And guess what? We won! Mainly due to our crack team of Hunger Games experts, the Kids Team, who outdid themselves with imaginative feats of amazingly crafty prowess, not the least of which was a 17-foot cornucopia filled with books. Catch some highlights below, and more here.
Books mentioned in this post