- STAFF PICKS
- GIFTS + GIFT CARDS
- SELL BOOKS
- FIND A STORE
Ships in 1 to 3 days
available for shipping or prepaid pickup only
Available for In-store Pickup
in 7 to 12 days
Cognition (7TH 09 - Old Edition)by Margaret W. Matlin
Synopses & Reviews
Cognition provides readers with a clear, balanced, and highly engaging coverage of the field, along with extensive pedagogical support and numerous applications to everyday life. The seventh edition includes a new Individual Difference in Cognition feature that shows the relevance of cognitive psychology in their careers. Readers will find up-to-date discussions of important research and theories. It arms psychologists with the latest and most comprehensive overview of cognition on the market today.
Table of Contents
1. An Introduction to Cognitive Psychology.
2. Perceptual Processes I: Visual and Auditory Recognition.
3. Perceptual Processes II: Attention and Consciousness.
4. Working Memory.
5. Long-Term Memory.
6. Memory Strategies and Metacognition.
7. Mental Imagery and Cognitive Maps.
8. General Knowledge.
9. Language I: Introduction to Language and Language Comprehension.
10. Language II: Language Production and Bilingualism.
11. Problem Solving and Creativity.
12. Deductive Reasoning and Decision Making.
13. Cognitive Development Throughout the Lifespan.
What Our Readers Are Saying
Other books you might like