Synopses & Reviews
A 3rd edition of this comprehensive study guide for students seeking admission to Catholic high schools--newly retitled for maximum reader recognition, and now expanded with 6 full-length practice tests.
Students hoping to enter Catholic high schools across the country take either the COOP (Cooperative Admissions) or the HSPT (High School Placement Test); in the Archdiocese of New York, a COOP variant called the TACHS (Test for Admission into Catholic High Schools) is administered. The exams are 2.5 hours long and cover a wide range of generalized topics evaluating language and reading, verbal and quantitative reasoning, and mathematics skills. Princeton Review Catholic High School Entrance Exams Prep is a revised edition of The Princeton Review's comprehensive guide to acing these exams. It provides content coverage, strategies for making the most of your time and achieving a high score, and 6 full-length practice tests for plenty of practice (3 for HSPT, 2 for COOP, and 1 for TACHS).
The previous edition of this book was called Cracking the COOP/TACHS & HSPT; we're retitling it for greater searchability and audience recognition. This edition has also been expanded, and a new practice test added so that there are 2 for each covered exam.
ACE CATHOLIC SCHOOL ADMISSIONS WITH THE PRINCETON REVIEW Get all the prep you need to ace the COOP/TACHS or HSPT, including 6 full-length practice tests, comprehensive reviews of test content, and practical strategies for scoring your best.
Each year, thousands of students hoping to enter Catholic high schools across the country take either the COOP (Cooperative Admissions), the TACHS (Test for Admission into Catholic High Schools), or the HSPT (High School Placement Test). For these students, The Princeton Review's Catholic High School Entrance Exams Prep provides all the guidance and help needed for a great score, including:
Techniques That Actually Work.
- Powerful tactics to help you avoid traps and beat the tests
- Essential strategies to help you work smarter, not harder
Everything You Need to Know to Help Achieve a High Score.
- Comprehensive content reviews for all test topics, including analogies, reading comprehension, math, vocabulary, quantitative skills, and more
- Up-to-date information about recent changes to the tests
- COOP/TACHS- and HSPT-specific study plans to help you map out your prep
Practice That Gets You to Excellence.
- 6 full-length practice tests (3 HSPT, 2 COOP, and 1 TACHS practice test in the book) with detailed answer explanations
- Practice drills at the end of each content review chapter
- Step-by-step walk-throughs of tons of sample questions