Synopses & Reviews
Are you experiencing physical or emotional symptoms that no one is able to explain? If so, you may be suffering a traumatic reaction to a past event, teaches Dr. Peter A. Levine. Medical researchers have known for decades that survivors of accidents, disaster, and childhood trauma often endure life-long symptoms ranging from anxiety and depression to unexplained physical pain and harmful acting-out behaviors. As a young stress researcher at the University of California at Berkeley, Levine found that all animals, including humans, are born with a natural ability to rebound from these distressing situation.
On Healing Trauma, this respected therapist and teacher brings you face to face with his effective new treatment, not a talking cure, but a deep physiological process for releasing your past traumas and instilling a harmonious awareness of your body. Drawing on nature's lessons, Dr. Levine teaches you each of the essential principles of his four-phase process. You will learn how and where you are storing unresolved distress; how to become more aware of your body's physiological responses to danger; and specific methods to free yourself from trauma.
According to the National Institute of Mental Health, more than 23 million Americans suffer from anxiety disorders, many as a direct result of trauma. Now you can learn how to address these and other symptoms at their source--your body--and return to the natural trauma-free state that you were meant to live in. More than six hours of instruction to free yourself from trauma through your body's built-in healing process. This program includes a 43-page study guide.
LEARN MORE ABOUT:
- A revolutionary method for releasing trauma, taught step by step
- Nature's lessons--the physiological roots of your emotions
- How to determine if you are suffering the effects of trauma
- Where trauma hides in your body and how to release it
- Specific exercises to thaw frozen physiological energies
- Coping with surgeries, accidents, illnesses, and other stressful events
- Emergency first-aid measures for emotional distress
- Identify the two categories of trauma-causing experiences.
- Explain the three innate human responses to threat.
- Summarize the 12 elements of renegotiation.
- Define the four gateways to enlightenment.
- Clarify the three phases of "emotional first aid."
According to the National Institute of Mental Health, more than 23 million Americans suffer from anxiety disorders- many as a direct result of trauma. As a young stress researcher at the University of California at Berkeley, Peter A. Levine found that all animals, including humans, are born with a natural ability to rebound from these distressing situations. Now on Healing Trauma, you can join this respected therapist and teacher to learn how to address these and other symptoms at their source-your body-and return to the natural trauma-free state that you were meant to live in. Featuring more than six hours of guided instruction to engage your body's built-in healing process.